Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Too much to do

Well I finally got to unpack, ( I was starting to think that it would never happen). I am in my new place with Janel and Jenny.  Now the challenge is going to be figuring out those "house rules".  Not that it is going to be hard it is just that any time you move in somewhere new there is a little figuring out that needs to happen.  

This weekend is just not going to be the time that it happens.  The Michiels Family Reunion is this Saturday up in Chicagoland.  Mom and I are driving up with Grandma Walberg on Friday. Then going to the reunion in Lake Dale.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone. It has probably been close to 2 years since I have been up there.  All of my cousins have new kids that I haven't met yet.  The thing is that my 10 year high school reunion is that same weekend in Muncie.  So I don't get to go.  And Reagan is having a birthday party, I don't get to go to that either.  So I am a little bummed.  

But of all the things to be bummed about having too many party options isn't such a bad one.

The new job is working out, and I'm teaching english as a second language (ESL) classes to bring in a little extra money.  Boys still suck big hairy toe, but what else is new.  I am going to have to tell lots of people that I'm not married and don't have a boyfriend this weekend.  Family can be trying that way sometimes.  I know that they are just interested in what is going on but sometimes it feels like pressure and disapproval, but that is probably more me than them.  

Anyway I'll write about the party when I get back.

No comments: