Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One more time

Here I go one more time. I don't blog well because I see the folks I want to say things to and I am concerned that what I say to people who don't know me will come back to bite me sooner or later.

I have, however, been very good a writing in a journal on a regular basis. There is nothing important or vital in this journal it is just random babbling, but it is unexamined at the moment. I like that.

I also like the fact that it is portable and not dependent on anything but an ink pen to function. Actually not even that, I could write in it with anything that comes to hand. I just like my particular pen. The ink flows nicely but it doesn't bleed through to the next page.

The journal itself is also pretty cool. I buy moleskine lined, soft-cover journals. They have a little pocket in the back for odd bits like ticket stubs, or fortune-cookie fortunes. They also have a ribbon to mark your place and an elastic band to keep it shut. There is an ascetic appeal to it. I enjoy the feel of the pen on the paper, and the way my handwriting looks. It is not that I have great handwriting it is just mine and not type-face. Looking back on my journal I can also see some of my mood in the way it looks.

Anyway. I recently filled one journal and debated buying another or moving to a more public forum. I went with the journal.

I also think I am going to try to write more letters, but that is a little tricky because people sometimes feel obligated to respond with a letter and lives are busy. The last thing I want is for people to have one more thing on their to do list because of me.

And just a random side note. "the alpaca holds the key to my existence" It was just something that someone said that struck me as very funny. I mean spit my wine out, laugh out loud funny, but I guess you had to be there.

No comments: