Friday, June 27, 2008

At the Airport

Well. I am here at the airport. Waiting patiently for the next flight to come in because I am a big dummy.  I was in a big hurry and had too many bags so I shoved my purse into my checked bag, my purse with my car keys in it.  I shoved my purse with my car keys in it into my checked bag that is now not at the airport that I am at but at the airport that I was at, the one in Atlanta. 

It sort of sucks a whole lot but I think it may qualify as an adventure.  The guy at the lost bag counter said that it should be on the next flight. That is what I am hoping for, it wouldn't be a best case, (my bag being on the flight I was on would have been best), but it would be pretty darn good at this point.  

Up until this point the whole conference went rather smoothly.  I mean the drive to the airport... no traffic. The flight to Atlanta..... smooth sailing. My bag got to Atlanta and I found the shuttle to the hotel easy as pie.  At the conference I was supposed to have a roommate but she never showed up so I had a a big fancy-shmancy room to myself.  Even though the conference had a bit of the overkill that conferences are known to have I did get a bit of good information and make some contacts that I really think are going to come in handy.  All in all though I did complain (just a little) in my earlier post everything just chugged along.  UNTIL.....dun dun daaa I left my freakin' car keys in  the checked bag that is missing.  

On a positive note there were people who were at the conference that are local and have agreed to rescue me if the don't come in on the next flight.  Also I think I have figured out a decent situation for housing.  I am going to stay at the original place and they are going to put in a real kitchen, and separate the bedroom.  So I will have a roommate, but will we each get a room.  I think it will work well, if I ever manage to get there.  

This is ridiculous.    

No comments: