Saturday, June 28, 2008

Its all good

So my bag with my car keys showed up with the next flight out of Atlanta. I made it back to the boss' house and its all good. Today I was out on the river. Talk about grand new adventures.

The river is probably twice as wide as the Blue River. It is not very high right now but there are big rocks in it and when it is high I can just imagine the cool rapids. But it was a nice trip, on the river. The part where we hiked up to the cool waterfall that is part of the city easement was less so. It wasn't the fault of the guide or of the waterfall. I was just tired and not prepared for how tough a hike it was. There wasn't really any path, so most of the time we were walking up the creek. So we were walking on wet slippery rocks, that I couldn't always see on the bottom of the creek. Jenn had just mentioned to be careful because the rocks were slippery, and my feet lept out from underneath me and I landed on my hip on a big, wet, muddy rock. So now I am all battered and bruised and sore and whiny. But its all good.

I didn't think to pack my lunch, because i didn't think we could take all that long to go 3 mi. on the river. So when we got to the waterfall and everyone pulled out there lunch to have it by the waterfall, I didn't have one. A lady who was on the trip, and very nice, offered me here baby carrots. SoI ate them. It was nice and sweet. I had to make a concious effort to not laugh though.

Years ago now, I went on this monster trip in a cave. I had worked all day and was rushing to get to the trip on time. I didn't have time to really eat so I grabbed a bag of baby carrots. The trip was tough and we didn't get out of the cave until around 3am, maybe 4am. I was a crabby, nasty, wench for the second part of the trip. And it had a whole lot to do with my blood sugar. Now the guy leading it was not on the top of my list to begin with and a number of things he had done pissed me off. But I most certainly would have been more diplomatic if I had eaten something. People offered me things to eat after I started getting crabby, but I was already on a roll. After that trip whenever I started getting a little testy, a number of people would just mention off-handedly if I had eaten any baby carrots lately, or if I wanted any baby carrots. So baby carrots became this joke. And as I was getting all wound up about this hike this nice woman offers me baby carrots. There was no time to tell her the story, but the rest of the hike and canoe trip I was giggling about it inside. Because it's all good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you have a blog now. I've been thinking about you so it's good to hear an update. Sounds like you're with a very cool group of people. That's so cool.

Anonymous said...

I miss you B!